Who We Are:
IPWS (International Professional Women’s Society), is a globally influential community of women with diverse professional backgrounds. We provide members of our community with different platforms to connect, build networks, and foster personal and professional growth. Inspire – Grow – Lead – Connect – Embrace Diversity
At a Glance:
- In 2016, we organised more than 40 events
- We host the annual Women Leadership Awards in China
- We are part of the Mentor Walks program
- We have a growing network of more than 5,000 professional women
- We are multi platform and multi purpose, both digital and face to face
IPWS (formerly EPWS) was founded in 1993 in Shanghai by a group of 13 professional women who wanted to mingle with like-minded women. The group began meeting casually for a coffee each month, and over the following 12 months, thanks to word-of-mouth, IPWS had expanded to 80 members. Since then, the organisation has continued to grow and develop in response to the changing times and evolving role of professional women in China. In 2015, the organisation launched in Pune, India with a strong and growing base of members.
In March 2016, the organisation re-branded from EPWS (Expatriate Professional Women’s Society) to IPWS (International Professional Women’s Society) to reflect the society’s evolution to a global community of women with an international outlook.
Former Presidents of IPWS:
- 1993 Diane E. Long (Co-Founder)
- 1994-1996 Margie Chiang
- 1997-2001 Lucy Chow
- 2002 Ivana Benda
- 2002-2004 Sharon Landon
- 2005 Shi Bisset
- 2006 Nora Sun († 2011)
- 2007 Katherine Song, USA
- 2007 Jerry Erdman
- 2008-2009 Cisca Wikkeling
- 2009 Lei Chen Wong
- 2009 Tatjana Mujovic Piscevic, Serbia
- 2010 Kerstin Hinterholzer, German
- 2010 K. Beate Richter, German
- 2011-2012 Stéfanie Vallée, Canada
- 2012-2013 Lucy Lei, Belgium
Presidents are life time members at IPWS.
Do you know some more details about EPWS/IPWS History? Let us know and write your comments to email@example.com, or send us a message below using the contact form. Many thanks!