October always starts with Golden Week in China, and this year IPWS started the month with Mentor Walks in Jingan Park and wrapped up with an event where you helped us launch our new Volunteer Crew!
Each month, we like to share what happened in the previous weeks with this update titled ‘In Case You Missed It – AKA ICYMI’, and here’s what happened in October:
- Mentor Walks in Jingan Park was another wonderful morning of new connections and inspiring walks for Mentees and Mentors. The final Mentor Walk for the year is Saturday 12th November and will take a break over the winter months, but you’ll see news about the 2017 schedule soon.
- Our IPWS Wechat continues to grow with a community over 800 people, thank you! You can scroll to the footer of our website to find the QR Code, just scan it with wechat and you’re in! Click the ‘Events’ tab in wechat to see what’s coming up for IPWS (and click here if you’re on the website!)
- Many of us were excited to attend ‘Navigating Borders: Women on the International Stage‘ where we heard from 4 diplomats representing their countries on the global platform here in China. A busy event with lots of stories and the talk inspired IPWS to launch ‘5 Minutes With…’ a series where we speak with remarkable women about their career highlights, challenges, who they admire and advice they have for other women.
- October was all about Shanghai’s Women Leaders for City Weekend & Shanghai Family! Both magazines featured our President Tiziana Figliolia who spoke about the IPWS community and the work we all do in connecting professional women in China.
- IPWS launched our new Volunteer Program, with your help at the Network & Give Back event. The new volunteers took up various positions with the IPWS Volunteer Crew, in the areas of marketing, events and also for the upcoming flagship event for IPWS & the broader community, the Women Leadership Award. In 2016, the WLA was nestled within the Inaugural IPWS Leadership Summit in May and we celebrated the WLA winners of our community while also learning about leadership and what it means for all of us. We’ll plan a great 2017 program and look forward to working with all our new volunteers.
- And lastly, we welcomed Epermarket as our new annual sponsors! They’re an online grocery store and you can read all about them and their founder here.